French Essays For Beginners Download Google
Reading time: 2 minutesDifficulty: Intermediate
Are you struggling to write essays in French? In this article, I have shared a list of 30 useful French words and phrases that will help you create more sophisticated written arguments for your exam (at school or for DELF exam).
If you want to learn even more, check out one of my e-books here: Improving French Vocabulary (the most complete French Vocabulary e-book available).
I also offer an extended version of this blog post, (57 French phrases instead of just 30) saved as a PDF which you can print for daily use. Click on the button below.
|à la fin||in the end|
|à mon avis / quant à moi / selon moi||in my opinion|
|autrement dit||in other words|
|avant de conclure||before concluding...|
|bien que je puisse comprendre que||although I can understand that|
|cela va sans dire que||it goes without saying that|
|d’après moi||according to me|
|d’une part, d’autre part||on one hand, on the other hand|
|en ce qui concerne...||as far as ... is concerned|
|en outre||furthermore / moreover|
|enfin||finally, at last|
|grâce à||thanks to|
|il est donc question de||it is a matter of|
|il faut bien reconnaître que||it must be recognised that|
|il semble que les avantages l'emportent sur les inconvenients||it seems that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages|
|il serait absurde de dire que||it would be absurd to say that|
|il vaut mieux||it is better to|
|je crois que||i think/ believe that|
|je soutiens donc que||I maintain that|
|je suis contre||I am against|
|je voudrais souligner que||I’d like to underline that|
|la premiere constatation qui s'impose, c'est que||the first thing to be noted is that|
|ne… ni… ni||neither… nor|
|pas forcément la faute de||not necessarily the fault of|
|pour commencer||to start with|
|selon moi||according to me|
|tout bien considéré||all things considered|
If you are hungry for more, do not hesitate to take a look at my French language e-books and audio here. One of which is the most comprehensive French vocabulary e-book available in the market.
Get it now for only $14.90
Let me know which you find the most useful for you in the comments section.
P.S: Do not hesitate to share this article on pinterest,facebook, twitter or google plus.
Previous Post10 Great French Novels to Learn French for All LevelsNext Post30 Essential work-related Words in French
About the Author Frederic
Frederic Bibard is the founder of Talk in French, a company that helps french learners to practice and improve their french. Macaron addict. Jacques Audiard fan. You can contact him on Twitter and Google +
Don't just learn languages, fall in love with them! Language learning couldn’t be more fun and easy than with busuu. Learn Spanish, English, German, French, Italian and 6 other languages with the help of over 80 million international native speakers who are learning, practicing and teaching at busuu. Rated by Google as a “Must have app” and “Best app of 2015”, busuu's language learning app is effective and the best way to learn a new language fast and anywhere. Download and try for free!
Effective lessons to practice your language skills
- Speaking lessons and exercises
- Pronunciation examples and exercises
- Grammar tips and exercises
- Listening/Audio samples
- Writing lessons and exercises
- Dialogue lessons and exercises
- Memory practices
- Vocabulary lessons and exercises
Easy and fun to use
- No internet connection is required to use our mobile apps.
- Learn a foreign language with a complete effective course (A1 – B2 levels).
- Speaking, writing, listening, grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary, be fluent quick with the best foreign language course.
- International education, choose from: Spanish, English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, Russian or Turkish.
- Learn the basics with vocabulary & grammar units, audio dialogues, listening exercises, pronunciation challenges, language games and interactive lessons.
- Practice by submitting writing exercises to fluent speakers that will help you perfect your skills.
- Set yourself a personalised goal to ensure you are reaching your learning objectives quicker.
- Personalised to fit your skills, ensuring the most effective learning curve.
- Learn the most important 150 topics and 3000 words with specific language training.
- Test your knowledge with fun, quick quizzes and vocabulary games to see how much you have learnt.
- Offline mode will let you learn anywhere, even on the go with your mobile.