Ccea Coursework Deadlines For Scholarships
$500 Scholarship – Deadline is March 2, 2016
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant will graduate this spring from High School or previously graduated from High School/GED and will be attending college during the 2016-17 school year.
- Applicant must have necessary grades that qualify for college entrance or acceptance, or a qualified trade school.
- Applicant will take designated hours to qualify as a full-time student.
- Applicant must exemplify good citizenship. The Foundation’s selection committee focuses on the applicant’s participation in extra-curricular groups and community involvement. List all volunteer experiences.
- Application deadline is March 2, 2016 for CAM students and April 30, 2016 for all other entries. The completed application and transcript must be in the school guidance office by this date. For community scholarships, the application must be mailed or dropped off to 415 W. Samuel, Assumption, IL 62510
- The application must be neatly handwritten on this form or typed using the requirements of this form.
- The scholarship committee will make any and all selections. An interview may be required.
- The scholarship award will be sent to the individual. The Foundation reserves the right to send the scholarship to the selected school or program.
- If any or all of the scholarship funding is not used, it may be carried over to the next semester. Otherwise, the balance will be returned to the Casey Williams Foundation.
A completed application consists of the following:
*You should submit the recommendation with the rest of this application. Recommendations may be on the provided form or in the form of a letter. Please do not submit this application until it is complete.
CCEA to Award $2,000 Scholarships
Fifteen (15) High School Seniors to Benefit
The Clark County Education Association is sponsoring its annual scholarship program for the 2017-2018 school year. Fifteen (15) $2,000.00 scholarships will be awarded to well-rounded students who strive for educational excellence. Scholarships will be awarded in the following areas: education (including university students accepted into student teaching/educational internship programs), non-education majors, vocational/technical/trade majors, and culturally diverse/minority students.
Deadline for receipt of completed nominations is 5:00 p.m. on March 9, 2018. No exceptions.
Only one (1) nomination per student will be accepted.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Nominated Student must be related to a CCEA member prior to application for scholarship. See Below for definition of family member.
- Related to a CCEA member. This relationship is defined in Article 1-11 of the CCSD/CCEA Negotiated Agreement.
- CCEA membership must be effective for the prior two (2) years or the member must have joined when he/she first became eligible for membership.
- 2018 graduating Clark County public school student. (Not applicable to student teaching/educational internship applicants.)
Remember, deadline to return the completed nomination form is 5:00 p.m., March 9, 2018 -- no exceptions!